3D animation, motion capture creation and clean up (Maya and 3ds Max), Rigging, Modeling, Texturing
Maya, 3ds Max, Unreal, Unity, Softimage, Perforce, Jira, Shotgun, After Effects, Photoshop
Oxide Games / Lutherville-Timonium, MD / May 2019-Present
◦ Managed multiple outsource animation teams by creating tasks, scheduling work, and submitting daily critiques.
◦ Researched and developed solutions for technical animation and production hurdles.
◦ Determined an animation style for all characters in the game.
◦ Established and maintained a benchmark for animation quality.
◦ Implemented animations into proprietary engine.
◦ Mentored peers.
◦ Scripted Python tools in Maya to help improve Modeling and Animation workflow.
QC Games/ Austin, TX/ Jul 2017-April 2019
◦ Hand-key animation for multiple human and creature characters.
◦ Involved in the creative process with the rest of my team to come up with the most practical, yet aesthetically pleasing animation.
◦ Implement each animation into Engine.
◦ Scripted Python tools in Maya to improve animation workflow.
SAIC / Huntsville, AL / Dec 2013 – Jun 2017
Go Army Edge: Football and Soccer (Mobile Apps)
◦ Supervised Animation Team, managed assets, created motion capture shot lists, imported animation into Unity engine.
◦ Cleaned up motion capture and created key frame animation.
America's Army: Proving Grounds (PC game)
◦ First person M24 Sniper Fire and Reload Animation
◦ Third person C4 Disarm Animation
Within / Los Angeles, CA / Jan 2017 – Mar 2017
Senior Animator (Freelance/Remote)
Under Neon Lights VR Experience (VR music video)
◦ Provided hand-key character animation.
◦ Created character rigs.
Titmouse Inc. / Hollywood, CA / Aug 2013 – Oct 2013
◦ Animated various scenes with the blue alien child in Theodore's video game.
Spark Unlimited / Sherman Oaks, CA / Oct 2010 – Jul 2013
Senior 3D/ DLC Lead Animator
Lost Planet 3 (360, PS3, PC)
◦ Created in-game and cinematic animation for creatures, characters, mechs
◦ Responsible for all “cover system” animations
◦ Cleaned and modified mocap animations
◦ Acclimated new animators to company pipeline, software, and tools
Bent Image Lab / Portland, OR / Nov 2011 – Dec 2011
◦ Animated rats for “Danse Macabre” episode.
Pixomondo / Santa Monica, CA / Apr 2011 – May 2011
Animator (Contract while in hiatus from Spark Unlimited)
◦ Animated WWII planes and cameras
Erick Geisler Productions / Hollywood, CA / Mar 2010 – Oct 2010
Ipredator (NatGeo Canada Release) (TV)
ESPN: Sports Science (TV)
◦ Responsible for animating creatures, cameras, and mocap clean up in 3ds Max
◦ Worked closely with producers and peers to achieve networks' goals, ensure quality and meet deadlines
Spark Unlimited / Sherman Oaks, CA / Jun 2009 – Jan 2010
Canceled 3rd person action adventure game
◦ Animated in-game and cinematic assets
Image Metrics Inc. / Santa Monica, CA / Feb 2006 – Jul 2009
Senior Facial 3D Character Animator
Lead teams of animators in accomplishing quality animation for clients and provided facial animation for the following:
◦ The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (Movie)
◦ Splice (Movie)
◦ Gnarls Barkley "Who's gonna save my soul" (Music Video)
◦ Red Dead Redemption (360)
◦ GTA Episode 1: Lost and Damned (360)
◦ Grand Theft Auto 4 (360, PS3)
◦ Devil May Cry 4 (360)
◦ Battlestations Midway (360)
◦ Socom US Navy Seals: Combined Assault (PS2)
◦ Reservoir Dogs (PS2)
Luminetik Studios / Santa Monica, CA / Jul 2005 – Sep 2005
3D Character Rigger (Internship)
◦ Refined rigging techniques on organic characters using Maya
◦ Customized character rigs
Film Roman / North Hollywood, CA / Summer 2005
CG Artist (Internship)
Tripping the Rift (TV)
◦ Assisted with lighting scenes for “Tripping the Rift” (TV series) using 3ds Max
Voodoo Moon (Movie)
◦ Assisted with rotoscoping on “Voodoo Moon”(TV Movie) using After Effects
The Art Institute of California- Los Angeles / Santa Monica, CA / Oct 2002 – Dec 2005
◦ Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science, Major: Media Arts and Animation
◦ 2010 Sports Emmy Award: Outstanding Graphic Design (Animation on Sports Science)
◦ D&AD Award for Outstanding Achievement (Animation) for Gnarls Barkley's “Who's Gonna Save My Soul” music video◦ Honors Graduate 2005